The Field Marshal Sir Thomas Blamey Memorial Fund in partnership with the Royal United Services Institute of Australia conduct Blamey Orations around the country
The Blamey Orations typically address contemporary strategic defence and security issues, or with strategic leadership.
Some of the Blamey Orations that have been delivered recently include:
- Dr Melanie Oppenheimer – Australian Women at War, May 2018
- Dr Alan Ryan, National-level Operations – Achieving strategic results through ‘Joined-Up’ government, April 2017.
- Steve Meekin, AM, The cyber and space domains in 21st century warfare, May 2016
- David Kilcullen, The Dragon and the Snakes: Emerging and Future Security Threats in the Post-Cold War Order, November 2016.
- Mr Dennis Richardson, AO, Secretary of Defence, The Strategic Outlook for the Indo-Pacific Region, May 2015.
- Major General Stuart Smith, DSC, AM, Commander 1st Division, Lessons Learned by the Deployable Joint Force Headquarters, 2015.
- Professor Richard Herr, OAM, Honorary Director, Centre for International and Regional Affairs, University of Fiji, The Security Outlook for Melanesia, 2013.
- Lieutenant General David Morrison, AO, Chief of Army, The Army’s Role in a Maritime Strategy, 2013.
- Mr Duncan Lewis, AO, DSC, CSC, Secretary of Defence, Untitled, 2012.
- Rear Admiral James Goldrick, AO, CSC, RAN, Some Issues of Command in the Twenty First Century, May 2011.
- Vice-Admiral Arun Singh, PVSM, AVSM, NM (Retd), The Global Strategic Outlook: A South-Asian Perspective, 2011.
- Vice-Admiral Russ Crane, AO, CSM, Chief of Navy, Shaping our Navy in Future Joint Warfighting – Hard and Soft Power, May 2010.
- Senator David MacGibbon, Untitled, 1999.
- Major General Des Mueller, AO, Commander Support Australia, Untitled, 1999.
- Major General Ken Cooke, ED, Untitled, 1984.
The speaker is presented a Blamey Medallion in recognition.